The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to spend Christmas in California due to the latest lockdown in the UK and the postponement of Duchess Meghan’s privacy trial until fall 2021.
ELLE.com has learned from a source close to Prince Harry and Meghan that it is “expected that they will be at home in Montecito, California and will not be in the UK for Christmas.” The Duke and Duchess had originally planned to return to their Frogmore Cottage home in December on the grounds of Windsor Castle for two weeks ahead of Meghan’s trial against the Mail on Sunday and Associated Newspapers, which was due to start on January 11 in London .
With the trial postponed until October or November 2021, the couple will likely spend Christmas with Meghan’s mother Doria in California. A source shared that the Sussexes are “following government guidelines and medical advice on all travel and COVID restrictions are being considered.”
The couple left the UK with Archie last November for the Mille Fleurs Estate in North Saanich on Vancouver Island, Canada. They left their son in Canada while Meghan and Harry attended their final engagements before returning as royals in March earlier this year. ELLE.com understands from sources close to the Royal Family that the couple have kept in touch with the family via a video call since moving to their ‘forever home’ in Montecito, Calif., But there was great excitement going on. time with the now-17- Archie, a month old, walking and talking.
Meghan and Harry had planned to return last spring for Trooping the Color, the Queen’s official birthday, which also coincided with Prince Philip’s 99th birthday this year and Prince Harry’s Invictus games, which were scheduled in The Hague. But the Duke and Duchess had to cancel due to the pandemic. It has been over a year since the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the rest of the family got to see Archie, so the family are said to be “disappointed” that a reunion after Christmas will have to be postponed.
Plans for Queen Elizabeth’s traditional Christmas at Sandringham with members of the Royal Family have yet to be announced and are under consideration given the second lockdown due to COVID-19, which begins this Thursday in the Kingdom United A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace shared with ELLE.com that the Queen and Prince Philip returned to Windsor Castle after a weekend at Wood Farm where they were secluding themselves in a bubble with a small number of ’employees previously. “HRH The Duke of Edinburgh returned with His Majesty to Windsor today. This has been the plan for some time,” the spokesperson said.
A few weeks ago, Buckingham Palace announced that “in accordance with current government guidelines and as a reasonable precaution under the current circumstances, there will be no large-scale events at Buckingham Palace or Buckingham Castle. Windsor for the rest of the year “.
The Royal Family traditionally spend Christmas with their families on Queen Elizabeth’s Estate in Sandringham and visit St. Mary Magdalene Church with members of the public invited to watch the family’s procession to church. Buckingham Palace, Kensington Place and Clarence House have not allowed large-scale events with crowds in recent months due to the risk of a pandemic. With a six-person rule in effect, royals isolate themselves in their own homes. The Cambridges divided their time between their home in Norfolk and Kensington Palace and the Queen isolated herself with Prince Philip at Windsor Castle with a small group of loyal employees.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io