Due to the coronavirus, the LVMH prize final set for June 5 in Paris has been canceled.
The € 300,000 prize will be divided equally between the eight finalists of the seventh edition of LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers 2020. The award of the LVMH group born in 2013, it reaffirms its commitment to supporting emerging talents, which they sent this year 1700 applications from beyond 110 countries different.
Here are their names:
– Ahluwalia which won the H&M Design Award in 2019;
– Casablanca by Charaf Tajer;
– Chopova Lowena, the duo interviewed in 2017;
– Nichoals Daley who participated in the International Woolmark Prize winning the 2018 win;
– Peter Do included in Net-A-Porter scouting and among Zendaya’s favorite designers;
– Sindiso Khumalo protagonist of Who is on Next? Dubai in 2015 took part in the Fashion Hub in September 2019 during the Milan Fashion Week spring summer 2020;
– Supriya Lele included among the five emerging designers identified at London Fashion Week in 2018;
– Tome Koizumi discovered by Vogue Talents in 2019, before its debut during the New York Fashion Week.
The eight finalists of the LVMH Prize they were chosen in Paris before the coronavirus pandemic began.
Among the semi-finalist designers, many were the subject of our international research and scouting in addition to the finalists: Commission which debuted in 2019, Ester Manas with its body positivity; Nous Etudions Romina Cardillo who was selected for The Next Green Talents in 2018; who presented the collection in collaboration with Nike, and which was also included in the special issue of anniversary of Vogue Talents last September; Alled-Martinez who paraded in Barcelona 080.
This is the complete list of the twenty semi-finalists:
Ahluwalia by Priya Ahluwalia;
Alled-Martinez by Archie Alled-Martinez;
Area by Beckett Fogg and Piotrek Panszczyk;
Casablanca by Charaf Tajer;
Chopova Lowena by Emma Chopova and Laura Lowena;
Commission by Jin Kay, Dylan Cao and Huy Luong;
Ester Manas by Ester Manas and Balthazar Delepierre;
Helmstedt by Emilie Helmstedt;
Kaushik Velendra by Kaushik Velendra;
Nicholas Daley by Nicholas Daley;
Nous Etudions by Romina Cardillo;
Peter Do by Peter Do;
Piero D’Angelo by Piero D’Angelo;
Rave Review by Josephine Bergqvist and Livia Schück;
Samuel Guì Yang by Samuel Yang and Erik Litzén;
Sindiso Khumalo by Sindiso Khumalo;
Supriya Lele by Supriya Lele;
Tome Koizumi by Tomotoka Koizumi;
Vaqar of Shirin and Shiva Vaqar;
Yuhan Wang by Yuhan Wang.