Due to the coronavirus, the deadline for submitting applications has been postponed to 10 April
Concrete help to promote research and development of Made in Italy supported by Altaroma, ICE – Agency for the promotion of Italian companies abroad and internationalization – and “Vogue Italia”.
The areas concerned are:
(bags, shoes, hats, jewelry)
All new Italian and non-Italian talents can participate who:
• produce their own collection in Italy and distribute it (at least one store or e-commerce platform);
• have already made no more than two / three collections but have not been able to continue for financial reasons;
Competitors must be eighteen (18) years of age. Only the participation of designers (natural persons) is allowed
How to participate
Each candidate must send a single package containing:
• brand profile
• designer profile
• line sheet for the last two collections
• images of the collections already made, videos on USB media of any presentations or any material relating to their collections
• moodboards, drawings, images, text, fabric samples to describe and motivate one’s own style and choices related to the new S / S 2021 collection
• full address and number of stores where their garments have already been presented or sold or any presentations by retailers, journalists, stylists or industrialists who have already viewed the collection. The declarations made in the application form must be adequately documented
• participation form and acceptance of the regulation, duly completed and signed, which can be downloaded from the website www.altaroma.it
• declaration – if the designer uses a registered trademark – of exclusive ownership of the trademark itself. In case of co-ownership of the trademark it is necessary to attach a duly completed participation form for each owner. In the case of ownership of the trademark by a company, the participation of the designer / designers is allowed only if the latter / they hold / hold a qualified share of the capital of the company cumulatively not less than 20% (it is necessary to attach a certificate Chambers). The participant must in any case declare that he is authorized to use the brand
• declaration of commitment, if the designer is admitted to the final phase of the project and falls, precisely, among the selected finalists, not to take part (and / or renounce participation) in other competitions, selections, projects that foresee the attribution of a mention or a prize (in cash or otherwise) promoted in Italy by other entities / institutions / companies until 31 January 2021, except as provided in the integral regulation.
NB: In the case of collections created jointly by several designers, it is necessary to fill in a participation form for each designer to be included in the same package.
All texts attached to the documentation must be in both Italian and English and on both paper and digital (USB) media. The material sent will in no case be returned.
The package containing the material must be sent, under penalty of exclusion from the procedure, no later than the peremptory deadline of 10 April 2020 to the following address: via dell’Umiltà, 48 CAP 00187 Rome.
For info: email@example.com
The package must be perfectly closed and sealed and bear the sender’s header, the address of the same and the following wording:
ALTAROMA – Project “Who is on Next? Woman “or” Who is on Next? Man”
The package must be sent by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt or by private courier or authorized delivery agency that is able to issue a certificate showing the date of taking charge of the package itself. The delivery of the package remains at the exclusive risk of the sender if, for any reason, the same does not reach its destination. Offers received should not be taken into consideration, indicating the date of dispatch and / or postmark after the deadline indicated.
Commission and Jury
A Commission, made up of people in charge of Altaroma and Vogue Italia will preside over the selection of the finalists, while the jury, made up of the same members of the commission integrated by sector operators (industrialists, distributors and retailers from Italy and abroad) and from the Italian and international press, will the task of designating the winners.
By 1st June 2020 up to a maximum of twelve finalists from the PAP women’s, men’s PAP and accessories areas will be selected, at the discretion of the Commission. The results will be communicated to all finalists by letter and subsequently disseminated with a press release. The result of the selection will be advertised on the website dedicated to the project (Altaroma website and on the Vogue Italia website). A ranking of the excluded will not be prepared.
In July 2020, a Jury will be established composed of the same members of the Commission integrated by sector operators (industrialists, Italian and foreign distributors and retailers) and by journalists from the Italian and foreign media.
The composition of the Jury will be announced by publication on the website of Altaroma and Vogue Italia. The Jury will have the task of designating, at its sole discretion, a winner for each area of the project, for a total of three winners. Any special mentions may be recognized.
In July 2020 the Jury will examine, during a trunkshow organized by Altaroma, the collections of the finalists for a first technical evaluation.
The collections that the finalists will present in the trunkshow must concern models from their latest winter collection and a preview of the models from their new spring / summer 2021 collection.
In July 2020, for all the finalists in the PAP area, Altaroma will take care of and organize in all its parts the collective event-parade called “Who is on Next?” during which the finalists will present their mini collections to the press and buyers (12 outfits previewed from their s / s2021 collection).
Also in July 2020, for all the finalists in the Accessories area, Altaroma will take care of and organize in all its parts the exhibition-event called “Who is on Next?” during which the finalists will present their mini collections (12-16 pieces) s / s 2021 to the press and buyers.
Only in this case, the costs of accommodation, transport and presentation will be borne by the organization within a set budget. The announcement of the winners will follow.
• “Franca Sozzani” award
• Presentation of all the finalists in Milan during the Prêt-à-porter September 2020 week
• Review dedicated to finalists and winners on Vogue Talents September 2020
• Individual parade of all the finalists (PAP) and collective accessories exhibition during the “Altaroma January 2021” event
• Photo shoot dedicated to the winners of the PAP Donna category on Vogue Italia March 2021
The organization reserves the right to provide further awards.
(This is an excerpt of the regulation, the full version is available on the website www.altaroma.it)
Concrete support is given to promote research and development about “Made in Italy” as a collaborative effort among Altaroma, ICE Agency and Vogue Italia.
Areas of interest include:
Accessories (bags, shoes, hats, jewelery)
All new talents (from Italy and abroad) can participate provided:
• they produce their own collections in Italy and distribute them (at least one store or e-commerce platform);
• they have already created two or three collections but were unable to continue due to financial reasons;
Contestants must have already turned 18 years old.
Only designers (natural persons) are allowed to participate.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Each candidate must send one box of materials with inside:
• the brand profile;
• the designer profile;
• a line sheet for the last two collections;
• images of previous collections, any videos of presentations or other material related to the collections must be provided on USB flash drive;
• moodboards, drawings, images, text, fabric samples to describe and explain your style and selections for the new S / S 2021 collection;
• full address and number of stores where pieces have already been presented or sold, or any potential presentations with retailers, journalists, designers or manufacturers that have already seen the collection.
All the declarations made on the application must include supporting documentation.
• participation form and form agreeing to the rules, duly filled out and signed.
It can be downloaded from this site: www.altaroma.it
• if the designer uses a registered trademark, there must be a declaration attesting to the fact that the designer has exclusive ownership of that brand. If the brand is co-owned, a participation form must be filled out for each owner.
If the brand is owned by a company, the designer / designers can participate only if they have a qualifying share of the overall capital that is no less than 20% (it is therefore necessary to include the company’s registration).
• in the event the designer reaches the final phases and is therefore one of the chosen finalists, he or she must provide a declaration of commitment stating that he or she won’t take part (or will renounce participation) in any competitions or initiatives that includes a mention or prize (cash or otherwise) promoted in Italy by other organizations or companies through 31 January 2021, barring the exceptions mentioned in the full list of regulations.
NOTE: for the collections created along with other designers, a form must be filled out for each designer and included in the same box of materials.
Everything included with the documentation must be in English and Italian and provided in paper format as well as digitally (USB). The materials provided will not be returned.
The box containing all materials must be sent, under penalty of exclusion, by and no later than the absolute deadline of 10 April 2020 to the following address: Via dell’Umiltà, 48 00187 Rome Italy.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The box of materials must be perfectly closed and sealed with the name and address of the sender as well as the following words:
ALTAROMA – Project “Who is on Next? Women “or” Who is on Next? Men. “
The box of materials must be sent via registered letter with return receipt or via a private courier or agency authorized to provide proof of the date the package was mailed. The sender has the responsibility for ensuring that the box reaches its destination. Those materials sent with shipping dates or postmarks after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
COMMISSION AND JURY
A commission, made up of members appointed by Altaroma and Vogue Italia, will be in charge of choosing the finalists. A jury, made up of the same members as well as industry professionals (manufacturing, distributors and retailers from Italy and abroad) and Italian and international press, will have the task of deciding the winners.
By 1 June 2020, up to twelve finalists will be chosen, as per the incontestable decision of the commission, among the three different areas: women’s ready-to-wear, men’s ready-to-wear, and accessories. The results will be communicated to finalists via a letter and that information will subsequently be made public in a press release.
The names of the finalists will also be published on the websites dedicated to the project (the websites of Altaroma and Vogue Italia). A list of rankings will not be provided for those not chosen to move forward in the contest.
In July 2020, a jury will be established, made up of the same members as well as industry professionals (manufacturing, distributors and retailers from Italy and abroad) and Italian and international press.
The names of those on the jury will be released on the websites of Altaroma and Vogue Italia.
The jury will have the task – and its final decisions are incontestable – of choosing a winner for each category, with a total of three winners. There may also be some “special mentions.”
During a trunk show to be held during Altaroma in July 2020, the jury will look at the finalists’ collections as part of an initial technical evaluation. The collections that finalists present during the trunk show must be pieces from the latest winter collections with a preview of pieces from the new spring summer 2021 collection.
In July 2020, for all finalists in the ready-to-wear category, Altaroma will plan and organize everything having to do with the event / collective runway show known as “Who is on Next?”. Here finalists will present their mini collections (a preview of 12 outfits from their S / S 2021 collections) to press and buyers.
Also to take place in July 2020, Altaroma will plan and organize everything having to do with the event / exhibition known as “Who is on Next?”. Here finalists, in the accessories category, will present a preview of their mini collections (12-16 pieces) for S / S 2021.
In this case only, accommodation, transportation, and presentation fees will be paid for by organizers as per an established budget.
The announcement of the winners will follow.
• Franca Sozzani Prize;
• Presentation of all finalists in Milan during September’s Ready-to-Wear 2021 shows;
• Dedicated roundup of finalists and winners in Vogue Talents September 2020;
• Individual fashion show for all finalists (ready-to-wear) and collective accessories show during the Altaroma January 2021 event;
• Photo shoot for the women’s ready-to-wear winners in Vogue Italia March 2021;
The organizers reserve the right to provide other prizes.
* This is only an excerpt of the rules. The full version is available on this website: www.altaroma.it